Volunteer Abbotsford is a non-profit organization that promotes and supports volunteerism. Our goal is to work with individuals and groups to help facilitate a positive volunteer experience.
Social Enterprise Partnerships – Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre
• With our Social Enterprise program VA charges an administration fee which allows our associate to give back to our community and for VA to continue maintaining our volunteer centre working with volunteers and organizations; our volunteers are pleased they can fund raise for us in this manner;
• One of our associates is the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC). VA provides volunteers to perform ushering duties with Guest Services at concerts and the HEAT hockey games;
317 AESC Event Volunteers
2011/2012 –70+ Events including 48 hockey games
Over 1000 hours at the events
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!
CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind) is currently looking for dedicated volunteers to be part of their Vision Mate program. For just 2 hours/week, make a difference in the life of an individual who is blind or partially sighted.
Vision mates provide 1-on-1 sighted assistance to someone in their community with tasks such as reading, organizing, accompanying on walks/errands or social visiting. Volunteers must be reliable, patient, responsible and friendly. We are currently looking for volunteers to help clients in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Langley and Maple Ridge.
If you’re interested or would like more information, please contact Jaishree Narsih, Coordinator, Volunteer Services at Jaishree.firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 431-2121 ext 6032.
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of Canada is looking for volunteers in their Abbotsford chapter.
Meetings are 1 evening per month from 7-8:30pm
We are looking for executive positions on our board, as well as event specific committee volunteers.
Opportunity to volunteer with a national charity while making a significant impact within your local community
Building your local community network
Opportunity to further develop skills in event planning and organization
Gain additional experience in volunteer management
Demonstrate and develop leadership skills
Meet new friends
Please contact Mavreen David at 604-220-9865 or email@example.com
Here is a little bit of information regarding our volunteer needs at the Abbotsford Triathlon, scheduled for Sunday August 25th at Albert Dyck Memorial Park in Abbotsford.
1) We are in need of certified lifeguards to assist us with our swim portion of the race. The swim portion consists of a 750m swim in an equilateral triangle shaped course on the Albert Dyck Lake. The Race is scheduled to start at 9:00am. Lifeguards would need to show-up at 7:00am and they would be asked to stay until the swim course is cleaned up which will be roughly at 10am.
2) Lake Route Spotters - 2 or 3 - function: to assist the lifeguards in locating water safety issues during the swim portion of the race; as well as to offer assistance and navigation to the athletes during the swim portion of the race. The time commitment is from 7:00am to approx. 10:00am
3) Route Directors - 12 - function: to direct the athletes around the course and to assist with any problems that may occur during the race. They will be positioned at major intersections and posts along the course route. The time commitment would be from 7:00am to approx. 12:30pm
4) Traffic Enforcement - 4 or 5 - function: to assist with parking of all vehicles related to the Triathlon, as well as for spectator or crowd control. There will be 4 different zones for parking: vendors, volunteers, athletes and spectators. The time commitment is from 6:00am - 1:30pm
For more information, please visit the website. To volunteer at the Triathlon there is a submission form on the website under the Volunteer page.
Every 12 minutes, someone in Canada begins to lose their vision. This year, CNIB is introducing CNIB Night Steps! CNIB Night Steps brings together family, friends, and community members for a fun 5K night walk that raises funds for CNIB’s vital programs and services for people who are blind or partially sighted, such as independent travel skills. Enjoy an evening of live music, a BBQ and exclusive party favors. For more information, visit http://www.cnibnightsteps.ca/Fraser-Valley/Event-Details.
We are looking for volunteers (groups or individuals) to help out on the day of the event in a variety of different roles:
Set-up (11am start)
Tear-down (7pm start)
Registration (4pm start)
Parking Control (4pm start)
CNIB Info Table (5pm start)
Floaters (11am and 2pm starts)
VIP/Sponsor handling (5pm start)
Volunteers must be 14 or older. If you’re interested, please contact Jaishree Narsih, Coordinator, Volunteer Services at Jaishree.firstname.lastname@example.org, call (604) 431-2121 ext 6032, or visit your local CNIB office at 7-2630 Bourquin Crescent West, Abbotsford.
WildSafeBC is looking for volunteers in the Fraser Valley to help with community events and canvassing. Our goal is to keep wildlife wild and communities safe and we do so through education, innovation and cooperation. Our intention is to educate in a non-bias manner so we value the ability to stay neutral, a friendly demeanor and an interest in wildlife. Contact Laura at email@example.com or call 604-702-5005.
Play Abby and Refine Orthodontics are participating at AgriFair 2013 from August 2 - 5 (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon) and really needs your help! We are currently recruiting volunteers to help us run our very full Kids Zone. All of the venues at Kids Zone will be FREE of charge and available to all ages to enjoy. We would REALLY appreciate your assistance with volunteers to help us safely, efficiently and most importantly enjoyable operate the following venues:
Crafts Tent (assist the children with pre-made crafts kits)
High Striker Carnival Game
Horsey Hop races (blow up horses that race through an obstacle course)
Penguin flip flop Carnival Game
Dunk Tank (both outside and inside the tank)
Toddler Bouncy Castle
Downpour Derby water carnival game
Sprinkler run (cooling off station)
We are asking volunteers to commit to the following days and hours, as your commitment is imperative for a smooth operation of the Kids Zone
Friday August 2nd, to Sunday August 4th shifts are 10:00am - 2:00pm / 2:00 pm - 6:00pm / 6:00pm - 10:00pm (each shift is 4 hours)
Monday August 5th shifts are from 10:00am - 1:30pm / 1:30 - 5:00pm (each shift is 3.5 hours)
Each volunteer is asked to commit to being at all 4 days of the Agri Fair (minimum of Fri, Sat, Sun)
Each volunteer is asked to commit to a four hour shift (3.5 hours on Monday)
Each volunteer must be able to pass a criminal activity check
Each volunteer should be able to be outdoors for the full 4 hour shift (shade tents and chairs will be provided for the venue stations)
If you are only able to commit to two days, we would still appreciate your assistance; however, we prefer a four day commitment for continuity and training purposes.
Considering the variety of venues and assistance required, we welcome volunteers from the ages of 16 and up. Play Abby will provide all of the paints and crafts required for the two crafting stations. We are also willing to provide a letter of Volunteer time for accreditation if required.
Thank you so much for all of your assistance in helping us give back to the children of Abbotsford. Your time and effort is highly valuable and very much appreciated!
Play Abby Indoor Playground & Laser Tag Arena
(604) 853-7529 Office
The Mission Folk Music Festival is a non-profit festival and will run
They have folk musicians coming from every corner of the
world and seek to promote folk heritage and culture.
They are looking for volunteers for the following areas:
- Camping HQ
- Box Office
- After Hours club
- Perimeter crew
They are particularly interested in people with valid first aid, BC food safe, or security licenses.
Volunteers can get more info and find an application at
* emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
* calling 604-826-5937.
Sundace Solace Society is seeking volunteers to work their venue. Those interested in the care of horses, general maintenance duties or related activities should contact email@example.com phone: 604.751.2354